Launch of the WA Branch of the Australian BPD Foundation
Attendees will be invited to add information to the tree of knowledge for WA based services, people interested in the work of the WA Branch, things that work, identified gaps, and aspirations for the future of the WA Branch of the Australian BPD Foundation.
Launch of national ‘BPD Consumer and Carer Survey’ results
The Private Mental Health Consumer Carer Network (Australia) has run two surveys, one for consumers with a lived experience and one for families and carers affected by BPD. They will analyse this data and have the Report/s ready for Ian Hickie, Mental Health Commissioner and Director Brain Mind Institute to launch (and comment on) during BPD Awareness Week 2017.
Launch of ‘Toward A National BPD Training and Professional Development Strategy’ for Mental Health Professionals
The Australian BPD Foundation is pleased to announce that Dr Peggy Brown, CEO, National Mental Health Commission will officially launch ‘Upskilling and engaging clinicians working with people with BPD and their families’ – stage 1 of the National BPD Training and Professional Development Strategy.
- Amber tells of her battle against this misunderstood mental illness (published in the SA Advertiser 1st October 2017)
- Borderline Personality Disorder: From stigma to strength (published in the Ballarat Courier 29 September 2017)
- Govt's BPD policy "manifestly inadequate", advocates warn (published in (SA) InDaily 26 September 2017)
- SA Media Release Sanctuary WeCan 18 September 2017
- SA Media Release 18 September 2017
- Ballarat Media Release